January 31, 2018
By Jennifer Smith
– Biles appeared on NBC to give interviews to both Hoda Kotb and Megyn Kelly
– She cried as she spoke to Kotb on Today and said she was ‘very happy’ with Nassar’s 175-year sentencing
– To Kelly, the 20-year-old told how he stole her trust by sexually abusing her
– Biles bemoaned how she has still not been given an apology from either USA Gymnastics or the US Olympics Committee
– Aly Raisman, her fellow Olympic gold medalist and teammate, has described their silence as ‘disgusting’
– Despite the ordeal, Biles is back in the gym preparing for the 2020 Olympics
– Nassar will face more victims in a separate Michigan courtroom for another case on Wednesday
Simone Biles cried as she spoke about pedophile Dr. Larry Nassar on Wednesday morning during a tour of Today.
The 20-year-old spoke first to Hoda Kotb and reduced her to tears as she lamented how Nassar, who has been sentenced to 175 years in jail and counting for his abhorrent abuse of countless girls, assaulted her.
‘It’s very hard for someone to go through what I’ve gone through recently and it’s very hard to talk about,’ Biles, a five-time Olympic medalist, said.
She praised Judge Rosemarie Aquilina who sentenced to Nassar to 175 years imprisonment last week after a lengthy and highly publicized sentencing phase, reiterating her earlier comment that she was her ‘hero’.
‘The judge is my hero because she gave it to him straight and didn’t let him get any power over any of the girls and letting the girls speak was very powerful,’ she said.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.