By DAVID ROSENFELD
April 27, 2018
A second accuser has come forward alleging sexual abuse by former Rev. Chris Cunningham while he served at St. Lawrence Martyr Catholic Church in Redondo Beach from 1998 to 2001.
The man, now 30, contacted attorney Anthony DeMarco after reading media reports about DeMarco’s representation of a different accuser at St. Lawrence during the same time period. The attorney reached out to the Southern California News Group Thursday.
The man alleges when he was between ages 10 and 13 he was sexually molested by Cunningham both on and off church grounds. No further details were offered in court papers and DeMarco declined to make the accuser or witnesses available for an interview.
A church official at St. Lawrence could not be reached for comment late Friday about the latest allegation. Previously, Monsignor Paul Dotson said that he was sorry for any alleged wrongdoing. Dotson, who arrived at St. Lawrence in 2002, said he was not aware of any claims of abuse prior to these allegations.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.