ST. MARTINVILLLE (LA)
September 25, 2018
By Caroline Marcello
Five men previously listed as John Doe on a suit filed against the Diocese of Lafayette and St. Martin De tours Catholic Church have released their names.
In August, alleged victim Doug Bienvenu said to News 10 that Father Kenneth Morvant gave him alcohol when he was 9 years old and then waited until Bienvenu was drunk to sexually molest him.
Bienvenu and 10 other alter boys, previously listed as John Doe, filed a lawsuit saying the late Father Morvant abused them.
On Tuesday, 5 of the men previously listed as John Doe on the lawsuit have come forward and released their names, and now they are demanding that the Diocese release the list of names of other priest accused of sexual abuse in the diocese.
“If we released our list why can’t they release theirs?”
Bienvenu was the first and only alleged victim named on the lawsuit until Jene Tally, Travis Tally, Douglas Dorrice, Kevin MacVoid, and Stiton Rigney came forward.
There are five other John Doe’s listed on the lawsuit and Bienvenu says by tomorrow he thinks those alleged victims will also release their names.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.