Associated Press and Crux
August 30, 2019
A former church worker has been convicted in connection with the alleged sexual assault of a teenage altar boy at a suburban Detroit church.
Oakland County Circuit Court says 66-year-old Hurmiz Ishak was found guilty Thursday of one count of criminal sexual conduct and acquitted of two others. Sentencing is Sept. 27.
Defense attorney Jalal Dallo argued there was a lack of evidence and said the allegations were fabricated.
Police say the boy’s parents reported alleged assaults last year to a priest at St. Joseph Chaldean Catholic Church in Troy.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.