Associated Press via Fox29 Philadelphia
January 5, 2020
By Mike Catalini
New Jersey’s Roman Catholic dioceses have given a six-week extension to childhood victims of sexual assault considering applying for compensation from a fund the church set up, the account’s co-administrator said Thursday.
Camille Biros, the co-administrator of the fund covering all five dioceses, including the Archdiocese of Newark, said in a phone interview that so far more than $9 million in 76 different cases has been paid out.
The new deadline for claims to be filed is Feb. 15. It had been Dec. 31.
The deadline was pushed back so the dioceses could be “as inclusive as possible,” Biros said.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.