March 27, 2020
The judge presiding over the Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry has vowed that the coronavirus crisis will not stop her investigators from continuing their work.
Judge Lady Smith said yesterday on Thursday that people could still continue to contact the inquiry if they wish to do so.
It comes after public hearings were cancelled earlier this month.
However, the inquiry is still continuing to probe claims of historic abuse at 10 new care institutions.
On Thursday, Lady Smith said that staff at the inquiry would continue to work remotely.
She added: “I know some will be anxious about whether they can continue their ongoing contact with the inquiry or indeed about whether it is possible at the moment to contact us for the first time.
“The answer to both of these is ‘yes’.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.