ST. CLOUD (MN)
St. Cloud Times [St. Cloud MN]
May 23, 2022
The Diocese of St. Cloud is hosting two listening sessions after another priest has been added to the list of clergy likely to have abused minors.
Rev. Arthur Hoppe was added to the list earlier in May. He served in nine parishes in the Diocese of St. Cloud over the course of almost 50 years, from 1950 to 1999. He retired in 1999 and died in 2019, according to a press release from the diocese.
The listening sessions are being held at St. Louis Parish in Paynesville and St. Mary Parish in Alexandria. Both sessions start at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
These sessions are for parishioners of the diocese where Hoppe served. These parishes include:
- Assumption in Morris (1947-1950)
- St. Mary’s Cathedral in St. Cloud (1950-1955)
- St. Patrick in Minden Township (1955-1958)
- St. Nicholas in Belle River (1958-1961)
- St. John Nepomuk in Lastrup (1961-1965)
- St. Louis in Paynesville (1965-1971)
- St. Mary in Alexandria (1971-1983)
- St. Wendelin in Luxemburg (1983-1989)
- St. Rose of Lima in St. Rosa (1989-1999)
Listening sessions will be closed to the media, and are intended to assure parishioners of the bishop’s support and offer a space for discussing concerns and issues around sexual misconduct as well as a space for other victims to come forward, should they choose, and receive help and healing, according to the diocese.
Victims of abuse can find information about how to report abuse by contacting victim advocates and county officials at https://stcdio.org/about/safe-environment/how-to-report-abuse.
The list of clergy in the Diocese of Saint Cloud identified as likely to have abused minors is at https://stcdio.org/2018/11/12/list-clergy-likely-abused-minors