Fr. Bruce E. Ball
Diocese: Diocese of La Crosse WI
Pleaded no contest in 1993 to charge of sexual contact with a 12-year-old boy during a therapy session. Four known victims. Sentenced to five years prison; released in 3/96. On parole through 12/97. Laicized at his own request as of 8/11/97. Settlement of $100K. In 1993, the La Crosse diocese told Baltimore of two claims against Ball during the time he was a seminarian for La Crosse in Baltimore in the mid-1970s. Per the diocese’s list in 1/20, Ball died 9/15/02.
- Wisconsin State Journal 06.21.92
- Wisconsin State Journal 07.07.92
- Chicago Tribune 10.14.92
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 03.17.96
- Wisconsin State Journal 03.22.96
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 09.30.98
- Baltimore Sun 08.21.02
- Washington Post 08.22.02
- Archdiocese of Baltimore 09.25.02
- La Crosse Tribune 01.09.04
- Marshfield News-Herald 08.27.04
- Diocese of La Crosse List 01.18.20
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.