Fr. Kirby Blanchard
Diocese: Diocese of Duluth MN
On 12/31/13, the diocese released its list of 17 clergy, including Blanchard, who had been credibly accused of sexual abuse of young persons while serving in the diocese and another five who had been accused while residing in the diocese at some time. Served 40 years in churches in Duluth, Nisswa, Pequot Lakes and beyond, including 17 years as a chaplain at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Brainerd. Retired 12/5/93 and removed from ministry 12/27/95. Died 8/11/06. No further information revealed.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Diocese of Duluth List of Clergy With Credible Claims 12.31.13
- Diocese of Duluth Statement by Bishop Sirba 12.31.13
- Duluth News Tribune 12.31.13
- Northlands News Center 12.31.13
- Duluth News Tribune 01.01.14
- Pine and Lakes Echo Journal 01.07.14
- Duluth News Tribune 12.07.15
- Diocese of Duluth Statement 12.07.15
- Wall Street Journal 12.07.15
- Star Tribune 12.07.15
- Wall Street Jounal 12.11.15
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.