Fr. Gerard W. Chambers
Diocese: Archdiocese of Philadelphia PA
Three brothers sued in 2004 alleging abuse by Chambers in 1954. Another 2004 suit alleged abuse of one youth. At least two other alleged victims known. Died 1974. During forty years as priest, was on “health leave” seven times.
- Philadelphia Archdiocesan Priest Data Profile
- Philadelphia Grand Jury Report
- Philadelphia Daily News 01.31.04
- Philadelphia Inquirer 02.01.04
- Daily Times 02.03.04
- Philadelphia Inquirer 05.12.04
- Philadelphia Weekly 07.14.04
- Philadelphia Weekly 09.15.04
- Philadelphia Inquirer 09.25.05
- Philadelphia Weekly 06.06.06
- Philadelphia Inquirer 01.10.16
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.