Fr. Paul M. Clogan
Diocese: Diocese of Austin TX
Had lived in TX, married. Ordained at age 66 for the Diocese of Portland, ME after his wife died. Returned to TX. Worked in Diocese of Austin beginning 1/01. Arrested 2005 in TX, charged with groping a 16-year-old boy in a movie theater. Criminal trial in 9/08 ended in mistrial. New trial was to be held 12/08, but did not take place. Died in Austin 7/29/12. On diocese’s list 1/31/19.
- Diocese of Austin Assignments
- Austin American-Statesman 12.20.05
- Portland Press Herald 12.21.05
- Bangor Daily News 12.21.05
- The Highlander News (Marble Falls, TX 03.16.06
- KXAN 09.10.08
- Statement from Diocese of Austin 07.30.12
- Bangor Daily News 08.01.12
- WLBZ 08.02.12
- Diocese of Austin List 01.31.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.