Fr. William D. Curtis
Diocese: Diocese of Winona-Rochester MN
Following a recent court order, on 12/16/13 Bishop Quinn released a list of 13 names of priests who had “credible” accusations of abuse involving minors. Curtis’s inclusion on this list is the first public notice that he had been accused of abuse. Diocese updated his information 06/23/14. Complaints of child sexual abuse made against Curtis in 10/88 and 6/90. Sent to St. Luke’s for treatment 7/90. Ministerial privileges suspended 1/91 while at St. Luke’s. Died 04/10/01.
- Diocese of Winona Assignment Record
- Winona Daily News 06.23.13
- Albert Lea Tribune 12.16.13
- Winona Daily News 12.16.13
- Star Tribune 12.16.13
- Diocese of Winona Statement and List of Accused Priests with Assignments 12.16.13
- Anderson & Assoc Press Release 12.16.13
- KEYC 06.23.14
- Diocese of Winona Updated List & Media Statement 06.23.14
- WXOW 06.23.14
- Winona Daily News 06.23.14
- Winona Daily News 06.24.14
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.