Fr. John Richard Feiten
Diocese: Diocese of Winona-Rochester MN
Following a recent court order, on 12/16/13 Bishop Quinn released a list of 13 names of priests who had “credible” accusations of abuse involving minors. Feiten’s inclusion on this list is the first public notice that he had been accused of abuse. He retired from active ministry in 6/00 and died 7/9/01. After his death, two separate complaints of abuse of minor boys were received against Feiten. Abuse in 1969 was reported in 2002 and a second, undated complaint was made in 04/06.
- Diocese of Winona Assignment Sheet
- Anderson & Assoc Press Release 12.16.13
- Diocese of Winona Statement and List of Accused Priests with Assignments 12.16.13
- Winona Daily News 12.16.13
- Star Tribune 12.16.13
- Owatonna People’s Press 12.16.13
- Diocese of Winona Updated List & Media Statement 06.23.14
- WXOW 06.23.14
- Winona Daily News 06.23.14
- Winona Daily News 06.24.14
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.