Fr. Edmund H. Haen
Diocese: Archdiocese of Milwaukee WI
Per a 4/02 news report, Haen abused at least three men when they were boys in the 1940s. One man said at least two priests failed to report the molestations when they occurred. He told Archbishop Weakland in 1989. Haen was forced to retire in 1990. Auxiliary Bishop Richard Sklba told the victim in 1992 that Haen had admitted the abuse and had been placed on severe restrictions. Haen died in 1997. Several other victims known.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee Assignment Record
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 10.25.97
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 04.20.02
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 04.24.02
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 04.28.02
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee 07.09.04
- Milwuakee Journal Sentinel 07.10.04
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee List of Clergy Offenders 03.03.12
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.