Fr. Placidus Kieffer
Accused in 2002 of sexually abusing a 16-year-old boy in 1963 at St. John’s in Burlington. Also worked in the Kansas City, KS archdiocese. Died 1990. Allegations deemed credible. Included on diocese’s 7/08 list of credibly accused. Allegedly abuse two boys.
- BA.org Concise Assignment Record
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Catholic Messenger 7.17.08
- BA list of Priest assignments
- Detailed BA list of Parishes with Accused Priests
- The Hawk Eye (Burlington IA) 04.27.02
- The Hawk Eye 04.29.02
- Diocese of Davenport Creditors’ Committee Website 08.27.07
- Quad-City Times 07.10.08
- Diocese of Davenport List 07.14.08
- Lawrence Journal-World 06.24.10
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.