Fr. John T. Knotek
Diocese: Archdiocese of Milwaukee WI
Assigned to St. James Parish in Menomonee Falls 1968-72, where he was later accused of ‘involvement’ with young girls. Other allegations dated to the 1950s. He denied the allegations. Retired in 1988. Name included on Archdiocese’s 7/04 list of priests fully restricted from ministry because of credible allegations of abuse. Living life of prayer and penance as of 11/6/04. Died 1/6/06. Personnel file released in 7/13.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee Assignment Record
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee 07.09.04
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.10.04
- Racine Journal Times 01.08.06
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee (updated 1 01.26.07
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee updated after 11.26.07
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee List of Clergy Offenders 03.03.12
- Menomonee Falls Patch 07.03.13
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.