Fr. Paul Palmitessa
Name appears on a list of priests with credible allegations of abuse of minors released by the Minneapolis-St. Paul archdiocese 12/5/13, where he worked 1956-82. Moved to San Diego Diocese 1982 -88. Excardinated from St. Paul in 1988 and joined San Diego. Retired in 1998, on limited duty until 2012. In 2013, no longer in ministry, living in the San Diego area. St. Paul learned of allegations in 1990 and told San Diego. Sent for eval and counseling, restricted him from being with boys and young men. Name not on San Diego diocese’s 2007 list.
- Minnesota Public Radio Assignment Record
- Minnesota Public Radio 12.05.13
- St Paul & Minneapolis List of Credibly Accused Priests released 12.05.13
- National Catholic Reporter 12.05.13
- Star Tribune 12.05.13
- Bishop Accountability Statement 12.05.13
- Catholic Spirit 12.05.13
- SNAP California Statement 12.06.13
- ABC 10 News 12.06.13
- Statement by Archdiocese of St Paul & Minneapolis 03.31.14
- CA-SNAP Statement 04.01.14
- Star Tribune 04.01.14
- Jeff Anderson & Associates 11.05.14
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.