Fr. Gilbert Albert Pansza
Diocese: Diocese of Fort Worth TX
Removed from active ministry in 12/06 and sent for treatment. Original story says that he admitted in 1998, prior to ordination, that he had sexually abused a minor in the early 1970s. Bishop Delaney conducted an investigation and decided that sufficient time had passed and Pansza could be ordained. Allegation discovered after a review of priest files per newly appointed Bishop Vann. Conflicting stories in 2/07 as to when abuse occurred and if it was once or ongoing.
- Diocese of Fort Worth List of Accused Priests accessed January 2012
- Fort Worth Star Telegram 12.15.06
- Times Record News 12.15.06
- Dallas Morning News 12.15.06
- Dallas Morning News 12.16.06
- Dallas Morning News (AP) 12.16.06
- Times Record News 12.16.06
- Times Record News 02.01.07
- Times Record News 02.07.07
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.