Fr. Dennis A. Pecore
Diocese: Archdiocese of Baltimore MD
Convicted in 1987 of sex assault of a teenage boy over 3-year period. Placed on probation and ordered to serve year in jail on work-release program. Convicted in 1994 of molesting a second boy 1989-1992 (his nephew) during work-release. (Worked at a care center for elderly priests). Sentenced to 12 years prison and probation. On sex offender registry. Laicized in 1995. Accused in 2002 of abuse in Baltimore 1975-1976 when he was a religious brother. Named in at least two civil suits. Released from prison in 2/2002. Included on the Baltimore archdiocese’s list of accused in 9/2002. New lawsuit filed 10/6/2016 v Phoenix diocese, Salvatorians and parish where early 1980s abuse of boy alleged.
- United Press International 07.03.87
- United Press International 09.25.87
- United Press International 05.06.88
- Wisconsin State Journal 09.11.93
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 03.04.94
- Wisconsin State Journal 03.04.94
- Wisconsin State Journal 12.17.94
- Archdiocese of Baltimore List via Baltimore Sun 09.26.02
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 06.04.04
- Home News Tribune 06.28.04
- Home News Tribune 08.11.04
- WTMJ 11.13.08
- Washington Post 05.16.16
- John BM Doe v Phoenix Diocese Pecore et al 10.06.16
- Phoenix New Times 02.01.18
- Diocese of Phoenix List 10.29.19
Return to main database page. See abbreviations and posting policy. Send corrections.
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.