Fr. Thomas F. Shea
Diocese: Archdiocese of Philadelphia PA
Accused of abuse of six boys in the 1970s. Admitted molesting two altar boys from 1972 to 1977. Placed on leave in 1994 and retired with restrictions in 1995. Further restrictions added in 2004; Shea agreed to permanent restriction of ministry and to live a supervised life. Documents regarding his history were introduced in trial of Msgr. Lynn in Philadelphia in 4/12. He admitted paying hush money to at least one other victim.
- Philadelphia Archdiocesan Priest Data Profile
- Philadelphia Grand Jury Report
- Philadelphia Daily News 09.22.05
- National Catholic Reporter 04.28.06
- Philadelphia Daily News 04.03.08
- Philadelphia Daily News 01.25.12
- SNAP Wisconsin Statement 01.26.12
- Sacramento Bee 04.09.12
- Philadelphia Priest Abuse Trial Blog 04.10.12
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.