Fr. Frank Sierra
Diocese: Diocese of Las Cruces NM
Ordained in 1946. Teaching high school in Buenos Aires by 1951. Arrived in Pueblo CO diocese in 1951 to replace his brother, John Sierra. Worked in El Paso and several parishes in the 1950s and 1960s, later part of the Las Cruces NM diocese. Working by 1970 in the San Diego CA diocese. Retired in 1988. Accused in a 1994 civil suit of abuse of girls in Santa Cruz NM; settled. Included on the San Diego diocese’s list of credibly accused in 3/07. Status was ‘removed.’ Personnel file released 10/25/10. Included on the Santa Fe archdiocese’s list of credibly accused on 9/12/17. On Las Cruces diocese’s list 11/8/18. On El Paso’s list 1/31/19.
- Santa Fe New Mexican 06.14.46
- Albuquerque Jounral 06.14.46
- Greely Daily Tribune 01.17.51
- Silver City Daily Press 01.25.68
- Santa Fe New Mexican 01.11.96
- Lompoc Record 03.30.07
- San Diego Union Tribune 03.31.07
- Desert Sun 04.11.07
- San Diego Union Tribune 10.24.10
- Docuents Released by San Diego Diocese 10.25.10
- Archdiocese of Santa Fe List 09.12.17
- Rio Grande Sun 09.26.17
- Diocese of Las Cruces List 11.08.18
- KVIA 11.08.18
- Diocese of El Paso List 01.31.19
- Archdiocese of Santa Fe List 03.08.19
Return to main database page. See abbreviations and posting policy. Send corrections.
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.