Fr. Robert J. Yim
Diocese: Archdiocese of St. Louis MO
Sued by three people in 2003 who claimed he sexually assaulted them as boys. Removed from active ministry in 1990, then assigned as hospital chaplain. Yim “chose to resign from active ministry in 1995” but continued w hospital chaplaincy as a United Church of Christ minister. He was suspended from the UCC, per 8/04 article. Three men filed two civil suits in 2003; another man filed similar suit in 4/04. Claims settled 8/04. Laicization announced 1/05. On the archdiocese’s list 7/26/19.
- St Louis Post-Dispatch 02.20.03
- St Louis Post-Dispatch 03.11.03
- St Louis Post-Dispatch 03.12.03
- St Louis Post-Dispatch 04.27.04
- St Louis Post-Dispatch 08.26.04
- St Louis Post-Dispatch 01.29.05
- St Louis Review 02.04.05
- St Louis Review 02.11.05
- St Louis Post-Dispatch (AP) 02.14.05
- Belleville News Democrat (AP) 11.08.05
- St Louis Post-Dispatch 07.31.09
- Archdiocese of St Louis List 07.26.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.