October 27, 2020
By Bethany Lindsay
A B.C. man who says he was sexually assaulted by a Catholic priest and a Catholic school teacher when he was a boy in the 1970s is the latest to file suit against church authorities in Vancouver.
The alleged victim, who filed a claim in B.C. Supreme Court last week under the pseudonym John Doe, says he was just six years old when he was abused by Father John Kilty and Raymond Clavin in North Vancouver.
In a written statement, Doe alleges the abuse he suffered “included the full spectrum of violations from sexual touching to full blown rape.” He says it has taken him more than 40 years to feel comfortable making these allegations public.
“I cannot find the right words to explain how the sexual abuse that I endured at age six has impacted my life,” Doe said.
“When the most intimate moment of one’s young life is simultaneously the most horrifying and disgusting, there is a suffocation of every authentic experience from that moment onward. The stain of these traumatic events has, and continues to, permeate all facets of my life experience.”
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.