PORT OF SPAIN (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO)
Loop [Trinidad and Tobago]
March 31, 2021
The Archdiocese of Port of Spain said an investigation has found there to be no evidence to support or substantiate the claims made by a woman against a priest in an online video.
Earlier this month, the Catholic Church announced a probe into the claims made by the woman.
In the five-minute viral video, the woman accused the priest of misusing his office in a number of ways.
She claimed that after being unjustly fired from her job as a security guard at the church, she felt compelled to speak out.
In a statement on Tuesday, the Archdiocese of Port of Spain said an independent investigation by a team of professionals was conducted, and a detailed report submitted.
It said the investigation has found there to be no evidence to support the woman’s claims.
The church added that it is concerned for the well-being of all persons involved and will continue to provide prayerful support.
It also extended gratitude to the persons who assisted in the investigations.