Fr. Patrick J. Barrett
Diocese: Diocese of Gaylord MI
Barrett was placed on leave in 2002 after a complaint that he molested a boy 30 years prior. Abuse was alleged to have taken place outside the diocese. Investigating committee said charges were credible. Barrett died in 3/06. Included on the diocese’s list 11/10/18. Noted to have been permanently removed from public ministry in 2002.
- Associated Press 06.04.02
- Traverse City Record-Eagle 06.04.02
- Traverse City Record-Eagle 06.11.02
- Traverse City Record-Eagle 08.28.02
- Detroit Free Press 04.14.03
- Traverse City Record-Eagle 04.02.06
- Diocese of Gaylord Internal Memo 11.09.18
- Diocese of Gaylord List 11.10.18
- 9 and 10 News 11.14.18
- Michigan Live 11.15.18
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.