Fr. David L. Blizard
Diocese: Diocese of Worcester MA
Left active priesthood in 1988. By 2002 several people had accused him of abuse. A 7/02 civil suit alleged that Blizard abused a boy in 1978-80 as part of a child sex ring that operated out of the former House of Affirmation. Arrested in 8/03 on charges of assault in 1988. Found not guilty by court In 8/04 of a charge of indecent assault and battery on a person over age 14. Involuntary laicization granted in 2012 announced 3/5/13.
- Telegram & Gazette 04.05.02
- Telegram & Gazette 04.13.02
- Telegram & Gazette 07.24.02
- Telegram and Gazette 08.28.03
- Telegram & Gazette 08.28.04
- WorcesterVoice 08.30.04
- Catholic Free Press 03.05.13
- Statement by Diocese of Worcester 03.05.13
- Telegram & Gazette 03.05.13
- The Republican 03.05.13
- International Business Times 03.06.13
- Telegram & Gazette 06.05.13
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.