Fr. John A. Haberthier
Diocese: Diocese of Dodge City KS
The Dodge City diocese, where Haberthier worked 8/50-12/73, announced credible allegations against him in 12/06. Worked in the Pueblo CO diocese 11/73-7/77. On San Bernardino CA diocese’s list 10/9/18, where he worked 1979-80 and 1982-87. List noted abuse occurred in 1973 in Whittier, and that the diocese was made aware in 10/06. Died 12/28/09 at age 87, in Great Bend KS. On Wichita diocese’s list 9/20/19. On Dodge City diocese’s list 10/1/19. Substantiated allegations of abuse noted in the late 1960s-mid-1970s in the Dodge City and the Pueblo dioceses. Per the CO A.G. report 10/22/19, abused at least four boys there, and Pueblo bishop knew in at least 1977; bishop did not inform CA, to where Haberthier fled.
- FindaGrave 12.00.09
- Diocese of Wichita Assignment Record 09.20.19
- Diocese of Dodge City Assignment Record 10.31.19
- Anderson Ad Book 11.13.19
- Hutchinson News 01.17.10
- Catholic Diocese of Dodge City Update Charter for Protection of Children and Young People 04.30.10
- Lawrence Journal-World 06.23.10
- Diocese of San Bernardino list 11.19.18
- Diocese of Wichita List 09.20.19
- Diocese of Dodge City List 10.01.19
- CO Attorney General Special Masters Report 10.22.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.