Fr. Alexander Manville
A man filed suit in 6/09 alleging abuse at age 8 by Manville and another priest, Gus Krumm, at Sts. Simon and Jude Catholic Church in 1992-93. Previoulsy, Manville was on faculty of several high schools, including Bishop Diego High School in Santa Barbara 1960-73. Plaintiff’s brother joined in the suit in 1/11, alleging abuse by both priests 1990-94. Diocese settled 8/11; order didn’t. Jury found in favor of order 10/11. Died 4/29/16.
- OC Register 06.11.09
- Ernesto C v Franciscans, Cause No 1337577, Santa Barbara Co Superior Court 10.05.09
- Clover v Franciscans, Cause No 1338070, Santa Barbara Co Superior Court 11.03.09
- Orange County Register 01.20.11
- Orange County Weekly 02.05.11
- Mercury News 08.04.11
- Orange County Register 10.12.11
- Sacramento Bee 10.21.11
- Orange County Register 10.21.11
- Orange County Register 05.23.12
- US Franciscans Obituary 05.27.16
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.