Fr. Thaddeus Posey
Posey was one of four priests named in a 2004 lawsuit. Settlement reached in 4/07, but claims against Posey were not settled. Suit alleged abuse in 1970s-80s. Posey is shown in a Spring 2013 Capuchin Midwest newsletter as a member of a Prayer Ministry for retired Capuchins. Died 8/7/13. On Capuchin Province of Mid-America’s list 3/1/19. Per the Salina diocese, Posey had more than one credible allegation against him.
- Provincial Porter Spring 2013
- John Doe CS v Capuchin Franciscan Friars 4:07cv0468 TCM, US Dist Court, Eastern Dist of Missouri
- Belleville News-Democrat 04.19.07
- St Louis Post-Dispatch (AP) 04.19.07
- Kansas City Star 04.20.07
- St Louis Post-Dispatch 06.10.07
- St Louis American 06.13.07
- Denver Post Obituary 08.11.13
- Denver Post 03.28.19
- The Register 03.29.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.