Fr. Enrique Vasquez
Diocese: Archdiocese of Hartford CT
Priest of the Diocese of Ciudad Quesada, Costa Rico. Charged in Costa Rica with abuse of a child in 1994. Fled to Connecticut. Worked as a priest in both New York and Hartford. Convicted in absentia in 2005 by a Costa Rican court and sentenced to 12 years in prison. Arrested in 4/07 in Honduras under a warrant from Interpol.
- Hartford Courant 10.14.02
- Hartford Courant 10.15.02
- Hartford Courant 10.18.02
- Dallas Morning News (Major Account) 06.20.04
- Dallas Morning News (Major Account) 06.21.04
- Journal News 06.24.04
- Associated Press 06.29.04
- Associated Press 07.13.04
- Associated Press 07.15.04
- International Traffic in Catholic Priests Who Abuse 04.17.07
- International Herald Tribune (AP) 04.19.07
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.